Standing Guard

While minors are generally protected and cared for by their parents, there are times when a child may need a separate individual to attend to their legal rights. Perhaps the minor has inherited assets or no longer has a parent qualified to make legal decisions on his or her behalf. In these cases, a guardian may be appointed to take care of the child or the child’s assets. A guardianship does not sever the legal relationship that exists between a child and his or her biological parents. Family law issues, especially those that deal with minors, can be both legally complicated and emotionally taxing. At Pruitt Law Offices S.C., our experienced family lawyers can provide you with the professional counsel that you need and the compassion that you deserve. In addition, we can help if you are dealing with divorce, custody or placement issues, child support, or other family law issues. Call 262-633-8301 for a free consultation. We are located at 731 Main St. Your partners for professional service.